I didn't get much done this past week. I had a headache a couple of the days, was really tired another, and was essentially lazy for the rest or just wasn't into working on my demonals. In my own defense, however, I did do something at work during my lunch and breaks. Rather than come up with another demonal, I thought I'd concentrate on nailing down the 7 demon hearts. I already had the colors for them, and I decided I would try to make each one a different shape with eyes to "match" the personality. So during the week, though I didn't do much at home, I drew the 7 hearts at work. It doesn't sound like much, but I had to erase and erase and erase trying to get both sides of a heart to match as well as make sure each heart looked how I wanted. One night later in the week, I did feel guilty as I was lying in bed getting ready to read or watch television, so I ended up working on a couple of designs for a new banner on the demonals site. (Ha, I wasn't as lazy as I thought!! I just didn't sew anything until Friday and the weekend.)
Shawn and I were off this past Friday, and we ended up cleaning the apartment, so I didn't start on the demon hearts until Friday evening. Over the weekend, I cut out the heart patterns as well as the wing pattern I drew to use for all of them. I looked at the felt that I had and realized that I wouldn't be able to do every one just yet. But, I ended up changing the color for one of the demon hearts because I had this really great blue that I wanted to use and thought it would be a good match in terms of one of the demon heart traits. So, all in all, I was ready to work on 5 of the 7 hearts.
First I cut out the felt and sewed all the wing pairs I would need. That way I could get that out of the way and completed. Then I did the same for the 5 demon hearts I could do. After that, it was time to pick out the eyes. I spent a decent amount of time doing this, searching through some of the black scraps I had to find shapes that could help convey the trait of each one. With those chosen, I was ready to start sewing!! By Sunday night, I had two of my hearts finished.....Gloomy (blue) and Megalomaniacal (red).
Looking at both of them, I'm not sure the wings are going to work. I think they may need to be shorter and less pointy. I wasn't sure if the position of the wings worked either, and mentioned to Shawn that they might look better coming out from the back like the sun demonal. But he said he liked them the way I had them, and thought it made a better aesthetical design for the demon hearts. So, I guess I'll keep them coming off the sides, but just smaller. I'll work that out later with a quick test heart to be sure.