My third test project was quite nearly a bust! I started it before we went to Florida over the July 4th weekend, and then packed up all my stuff so I could not only keep working but also have something to do while we sat around with Shawn’s parents. I did indeed work on it and from start to first finish, I kept making mistakes. It just didn’t seem to be fitting together the way the others had, not physically but aesthetically. I began with the idea of making a demonal 8-ball, but I hadn’t purchased any white felt since I don’t tend to like the color white. I decided to make it Halloweeny and replace the white with orange. I wanted to try sewing the wings on so they stuck out the back of the piece rather than off the sides. I ended up also making the wings orange as well since I thought the wings might get lost in the black of the main part of it. That was one of the mistakes I made……I forgot to leave the ends unsewn so I could do that! Well, after sewing the last stitch I looked at the end product and thought……meh. I didn’t really like it at all. There just wasn’t anything about it that appealed to me. I told Shawn that it kind of looked better when I flipped it a quarter turn, but then of course the wings weren’t right. In disappointment, I set it aside and started watching an episode of the TV show I had on in the background while sewing. After it ended, I picked the 8-ball back up and snipped the threads that attached the wings to it. I had almost ditched the whole thing a couple of times, but since I had powered through instead I thought I’d at least improve upon a bad design. So, I turned it so the 8 looked like eyes and then re-attached the wings. Now, it’s just this…..thing, but at least I consider it to be better than it was. Sew and learn!